Powered by Blogger.

DIY Bedside Tables



A couple years ago when I finished university I got the opportunity to decorate the guest room in my parents house, this is something that greatly excited me as I have a little love of interior design. Anyway this clearly didn't go so well seeing as all I managed to do before they moved house was turn two little brown bedside tables with three drawers each into two little grey bedside tables with 1 drawer each. See the below picture. Excuse the tape marks. 


Second time around I finally finished them and it only cost me around £20. Im so proud of how they turned out! DIY queen right here! 
So I thought I would share what I did. Some furniture just looks so bland and it can be really easy to make them look way more expensive and unique without spending a ridiculous amount. 

All I did was buy some furniture paint, handles and storage baskets. You will also need two pieces of wood to fit onto the bottom of the drawers, if like mine they didn't have a bottom to them. 



Just few coats of paint, a coat of wax, new handles and the storage boxes and they looked brand new. I am so happy with them and I'm glad I went with the bold colour rather than grey. I am very much a monochrome person so the blue was rather bold for me!

xx

No comments